About the Digital Media Lab
What is the Digital Media Lab (DML) at Long Branch Library?
A new 21st century space for teens to learn, explore, and create digital media. Through classes and workshops taught by experts and hands on, collaborative time in the lab, teens will grow their skills and express themselves through creative projects.
Digital photography, storytelling, video production, graphic design, music videos, social media, animation, computer programming, art, and more.
The following software is available:
- Adobe Creative Suite 6
Open Lab Schedule
The Digital Media Lab will be open on a walk-in basis, beginning July 2. Teen tech volunteers and library staff will be available to assist users.
Policies and Guidelines
All Digital Media Lab users must complete user agreement and registration forms.
Studio I: The Digital Media Lab at Long Branch Library User Agreement
Montgomery County Public Libraries
- User must have an active (not expired) Montgomery County Public Library account. This account cannot be in Collection. User must be at least 12 years old.
- User must have library card (or virtual library card) with them.
- All guidelines governing the use of Montgomery County Public Libraries and the computer, Internet, and wireless use policies must be followed.
- No food or drink is allowed, including water.
- It is the responsibility of the User to save their work. The library is not responsible for lost work.
- User will alert staff if there is a problem with any of the equipment. Do not try to repair the problem yourself.
- No reservations are accepted. Equipment use is first come, first serve.
- All equipment is locked in storage and may be checked out by request to staff. Equipment is not to leave library premises.
- User is responsible for reimbursing MCPL for full replacement cost if any equipment is lost, stolen, or damaged. Minor scratches are normal wear and tear, but damage that affects future use is not.
- A maximum of 12 people are allowed in the Digital Lab at a time.
- Users who do not abide by any of the above stipulations may have their Lab and/or borrowing privileges revoked.
The following computers are available:
- 4 iMac Desktop computers
- 4 Mac Book Pro laptop computers
- 3 iPad Air tablets
Also available are:
- 1 Sony Handycam video recorder
- 4 Canon digital camera
- 2 Digital audio recorders
- 1 Color Scanner
- 5 Headphone sets
- 1 Microphone system
- Green screen wall