MCPL: Library Services Especially of Interest to Seniors
MCPL offers a large selection of books, DVDs, CDs, and magazines, plus . . .
- Large Print books, with a 6-week loan period. You can find them in our catalog most easily by going to the Power Search and choosing LargeType from the dropdown next to the Type field.
- Downloadable e-books.
- Audiobooks on CD, Playaway, and downloadable formats.
- Research guides to trusted information about health, consumer information, hearing loss, and many other subjects.
- Programs and classes.
- Accessibility services for people with disabilities or for people are deaf or hard-of-hearing.
- Free dial-up Internet access via Sailor Cruise Accounts.
- All MCPL branches, except the Noyes Library for Young Children, sell Metro farecards as follows. Please note: While MCPL sells these cards, we do not provide services related to them. Questions about refunds, exchanges, adding fare value, and other subjects should be directed to the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority. The libraries do not sell any Ride-On bus passes. See more about Ride-On.
Senior SmarTrip cards
|$2.00||For seniors, age 65 and older. You must show a valid, government-issued photo ID that displays your date of birth, and you must complete a registration form. You will get a bright-yellow plastic SmarTrip card to which you can add fare value at any Metrorail station and on any Metrobus. Reduced senior-rate fares are automatically deducted from the card when you ride Metro. Read more from WMATA.|