On This Page
How to Print Tax Form PDFs at the Libraries
- Use the Print command from the File menu on the Internet Explorer toolbar to print one page at a time.
- Click on Print on the Print command from the File menu on the Internet Explorer toolbar to print the entire document. Click on Advanced in the dialog box. Check "Print as image." Click OK and OK.
- Printing costs $.15 per page.
- See our How to Print page for more information.
2014 Tax Season
Federal Filing and Forms 2014
- Pick up a limited selection of federal tax forms and publications available at the following MCPL branches:
- Get forms online at IRS Forms and Publications or visit the local IRS taxpayer service office. El IRS en Español.
- Get information about IRS.gov Accessibility and get accessible federal tax forms and publications from the IRS.
- File online with e-File.
- Photocopy Reproducible Federal Forms at
- Visit the local IRS taxpayer service office for forms and assistance.
11510 Georgia Ave., Wheaton (2 blocks north of University Blvd.)
M-F 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
202-283-8097 or 1-800-829-1040
- Pick up forms at the following branches:
Supplies are limited.
- Get forms online at Maryland Forms and Instructions for Individuals.
- Email email@example.com, or visit the local Maryland taxpayer service office.
- Formas e Instrucciones en Español.
- File online with iFile.
- Visit the local Maryland taxpayer service office for forms and assistance.
Westfield Wheaton South Building (on Veirs Mill Rd between University Blvd and Georgia Ave)
11002 Veirs Mill Rd, Suite 408
Wheaton, MD 20902
M-F 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
301-949-6030 or 1-800-MD-TAXES (1-800-638-2937)
- Official State Tax Websites from the Federation of Tax Administrators
RSVP/AARP Tax-Aide Program
Free income tax preparation by trained volunteers for low-to-moderate income Montgomery County taxpayers – especially seniors 60 and over. Call 240-777-2577, Monday through Friday, 9:30 am - 3:00 pm to make an appointment.
|Aspen Hill||Thursdays, 10:30 am - 3:00 pm, February 6 through April 10.|
Mondays, 10:30 am - 4:00 pm, February 3 through April 14; 10:30 am - 1:30 pm, March 3 and April 7; and no assistance on February 17, when the libraries are closed for Presidents' Day.
|Chevy Chase||Thursdays, 10:30 am - 5:30 pm, February 6 through April 10.|
|Davis||Fridays, 11:00 am - 4:00 pm, February 7 through April 11.|
|Gaithersburg||Wednesdays, 10:30 am - 6:00 pm, February 5 through April 9.|
|Germantown||Mondays, 10:30 am - 3:30 pm, February 10 through April 14, except February 17, when the libraries are closed for Presidents' Day. On Monday, March 10, 2014 sign language interpreters will be available by appointment only. To schedule an appointment, call 240-777-2577.|
|Long Branch||Wednesdays, 12:15 pm - 5:30 pm, February 5 through April 9; Saturdays, 10:30 am - 5:30 pm, February 8 through April 12.|
|Marilyn J. Praisner||Wednesdays, 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm, February 5 through April 9.|
|Poolesville||Fridays, 10:30 am - 2:00 pm, February 7 through April 11.|
|Silver Spring||Tuesdays, 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm, February 4 through April 15.|
|Wheaton||Fridays, 11:00 am - 5:00 pm, February 7 through April 11.|
Community Tax Aid
Walk-in service only; no appointments; first come, first served. For individuals with no more than $35,000 in income and families with no more than $51,000.
- Rockville Memorial: Saturdays, 12:00 noon - 3:00 pm, February 1 through April 12.
VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance).
Walk-in service only; no appointments. Provides free tax preparation by IRS certified volunteers for families earning less than $51,000 annually.
- Wheaton: Thursdays, 3:00 pm - 8:00 pm, February 6 through April 10, except March 20.
RSVP/AARP Tax-Aide Locator
Free tax help to seniors and people with low-to-moderate incomes. By appointment only.
Community Action Agency VITA
Locations in Gaithersburg, Silver Spring, Rockville, and Wheaton. Provides free tax preparation by IRS certified volunteers for families earning less than $51,000 annually. Call 240-777-1123 to make an appointment or schedule an appointment online.
Community Tax Aid
Walk-in service only; no appointments. For individuals with no more than $35,000 in income and families with no more than $51,000. St. Camillus Church, St. Francis International School, 1500 St. Camillus Drive, Sundays, 1 pm – 4 pm, January 27 to April 14, except February 17 and March 31.
Federal IRS Tax Office
11510 Georgia Avenue, Wheaton. For services at the Wheaton location, click on "Services Provided."
Maryland Taxpayer Service Office
Westfield Wheaton South Building, 11002 Veirs Mill Rd, Suite 408, Wheaton. For assistance with Maryland forms only. Bring your completed federal return and all W-2 statements, supporting documents (i.e. 1099 statements etc.) and photo ID with you. No appointment is necessary. M-F 8:30 am - 4:30 pm.
- Last year’s Federal and State tax returns
- All W2s, 1098s, 1099s, and other documents regarding income (interest, dividends, pensions, IRA disbursements, stock sales, mortgage, brokerage, student expenses, etc.)
- Social Security or Railroad Retirement statements
- Social Security cards, particularly for children. Or Individual Tax Identification Notices (ITIN) for each member of your family.
- Basis for any stock sales (purchase date and cost)
- Alimony received or paid for the year
- If Married Filing Separately: spouse’s SSN; if spouse is itemizing expenses, bring concise list of spouse's expenses.
- Concise list of expenses if you wish to itemize
- Statement of annual child care expenses prepared by the child care provider and their tax ID
- Property tax records
- Estimated tax payments (Federal and State)
- Photo IDs for adults (for example, driver's license, passport, age of majority card)
- If you bought a new auto in 2013: the cost and the sales tax paid and the date of purchase
- If you were a first-time home buyer in 2013: the purchase price and date of purchase
Tax volunteers are trained to do simple returns for those with low to moderate incomes. They do not handle returns involving businesses with employees, K-1s, rentals, or extensive stock sales.
Nolo's Legal Encyclopedia - Taxes and Audits
Very practical information on issues like saving your receipts, what to do if you haven't filed a return for a long time, handling audits. Also addresses small business filing concerns.
SmartMoney Tax Guide
Information site covering tax topics like how to treat capital gains, alternative minimum tax, estate taxes. Useful worksheets for tax calculations.
Yahoo Tax Center
A gateway with tax news, basics, and strategies.
Tax Tips in American Sign Language from the IRS
Sign language interpreters will be available by appointment only on the following dates and locations. To schedule an appointment, call 240-777-2577.
Monday, March 10, 2014
UpCounty Regional Services Center
19200 Middlebrook Road
Germantown, MD 20874
Tuesday, March 25, 2014